Worldwide Business Research Ltd (WBR) is the world’s biggest large-scale conference company and part of the PLS group, one of the world’s leading providers of strategic business intelligence with 16 offices worldwide. With more than 15 years of demonstrated excellence and flawless execution, WBR now delivers over 100 quality networking and content focused conferences across the globe. Each year over 10,000 senior executives from Fortune 1000 companies attend a WBR conference – With offices in Toronto, New York, London, Singapore and Sao Paulo and from Automotive events in Bucharest to Logistics conferences in Arizona and Finance summits in Hong Kong, a WBR conference stands as a true “Who’s Who” of today’s international corporate world.
Our people are driven by excellence and entrepreneurialism – welcoming change, innovation, embracing accountability and are hungry for financial and career success. From the London office we currently run 30+ large scale events in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia with attendance ranging from 300 to 1600.
Reporting to the EMEA and ASIA PAC Director of Marketing you will be responsible for driving and maximising revenue (direct and indirect), recruitment, training, development and coaching of your team – encouraging and capitalising on their innovation. This encompasses:
- Strategic planning and overseeing strategy on both individual events and industry event portfolios; Logistics, Automotive, Defence, Procurement, Finance, and Capital Markets including International language events
- Day to day management of your Marketing Managers to oversee the execution and ensure growth of leads and revenue from direct and online marketing channels
- Coaching, training, developing of your direct reports – Marketing Managers, Marketing Executives and Researchers
- Recruitment, reviews, training and succession planning
- Strategic analysis for weekly, monthly and annual reporting in order to look for new ways for growth – Setting KPI’s, budget management, forecasting, P&L for the department
- Management and development of a team through training plans and benchmarking
- Identifying opportunities for new methodologies, more efficient future marketing, and potential growth areas for the business
- Creation and delivery of senior-level presentations / training sessions to internal and external groups
- Strategic planning of annual conference schedule with the view of deploying timely and successful integrated sales and marketing campaigns
- Using a strategic helicopter view to work closely with the Marketing Director and Managing Director to ensure best practice is set across different departments and to that all processes are in line with the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Promote and maintain effective integration of the marketing function with other departments particularly sponsorship, production and sales
- Strong marketing knowledge and understanding (especially Digital Marketing)
- Team player
- Strong numerical and analytical ability
- Result/Revenue driven
- Strong lateral thinker/Solution generator
- Self motivated and passionate
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Thrives in a high pressure environment
- 3 years+ Direct Marketing experience (both online and offline) in a Commercial Conference Organisation.
- Experienced in all aspects of DM: including Online Marketing, direct mailing, database manipulation, above the line experience, SEO, PPC and mobile marketing.
- Experienced in hiring, training, managing and retaining ‘A’ level Marketing Managers/Executives