WBR has almost 100 employees and a group annual turnover of £40m. With offices in London, New York, Toronto and Dubai we are a truly International organisation. We create, sell, market and run industry leading large scale events in the Defence, Logistics, Pharmaceutical, Automotive and Finance sectors and are committed to expanding these portfolios and developing new areas of expertise.
We are currently focused on strengthening and expand our Marketing team in order to facilitate our planned growth for the coming years
Reporting to the Deputy Marketing Directors you will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the marketing activities, to enable the marketing department to meet KPI targets, as well as general administrative support to the marketing department
You will be responsible for
- Managing the relationships with business partners to coordinate and implement marketing activities such as adverts, emails, mailings, banners etc…
- Carrying out research to actively promote WBR conferences on relevant websites ensuring all listings are live and up to date
- Working on digital campaigns including SEO strategies and PPC.
- Management of social media channels including twitter, linked in and blogs
- Designing and deploying email campaigns, for all of our conferences as well as organising the data and tracking results.
- Identifying opportunities for new methodologies and processes for increased efficiency
- Bringing new ideas to the department is a must
- General administrative duties: filing, checking invoices, carrying out small in-house mailings
Skills / Characteristics
You will have evidence of:
- Basic marketing knowledge and understanding of marketing principles
- IT proficiency through either a qualification or experience
- A clear desire to pursue a career in events marketing and to learn the basics of B2B direct marketing
- The ability to work under pressure, organise and multi task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills both in team and autonomous environments
You will also contribute to the team through:
- Your persistent approach to finding solutions and readily engaging with challenges
- A genuine interest and curiosity to learn more and progress within a forward thinking organisation
- A commitment to consistent self improvement and success
- Your capacity to take initiative and seek responsibility
- Your enthusiasm and motivation to achieve
- Your commercial and revenue focused motivation
We will support new members of the team with dedicated training and development time to evolve their existing skill set to be successful within our environment and equip new members with key direct marketing skills.
We will expect the contribution made by the company to be matched by ongoing personal development on the part of the new team member
You will join the business in the role outlined. We, as a business, have a commitment to rapid progression based on achievement. Once you are achieving agreed goals we will immediately be working with you to develop your capabilities with a view to taking on the next set of challenges; e.g.
- A Trainee Marketing Manager involving putting together marketing campaigns/plans, overseeing and executing as well as coming up with the overall strategy in conjunction with the Deputy Marketing Director
- A Marketing Manager role with increased responsibility to manage the full marketing campaign
- A Senior Marketing Manager role where your success leads to increased responsibility for premier events
- Deputy Marketing Director with a team of marketing managers and marketing executives
- Divisional Marketing Director involving strategic cross promotion for a portfolio of events
- A global Marketing role
We have ambitious growth plans in the UK and internationally and these can only be facilitated by outstanding people. Evidence has shown that the most capable individuals progress within the business within 12 – 24 months