WBR UK has almost 100 employees and a group annual turnover of £40m. With offices in London, New York, Toronto and Singapore we are a truly International organisation. We create, sell, market and run industry leading large scale events in the Defence, Logistics, Pharmaceutical, Automotive and Finance sectors and are committed to expanding these portfolios and developing new areas of expertise.
We are currently focused on strengthening and expand our Marketing team in order to facilitate our planned growth for the coming year. This is role an exciting role for someone that is incredibly commercial minded as well as innovative. You should have at least 2 years marketing experience, ideally on conferencing or publishing, with a strong onus on digital marketing and new media. Previous sales experience is also a plus.
You will be responsible for
- STRATEGY: Integrated online and offline marketing campaigns for up to 10 events per year
- EXECUTION & PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Executing and overseeing marketing campaign activity timelines
- DIGITAL: Portfolio and event digital strategies to maximize SEO, develop Social Media tactics and drive lead generation
- COPY WRITING: Have good English grammar and diction and be able to write copy for emails and letters where needed
- NEGOTIATION: Establishing strategic partnerships to enhance the global presence of the WBR brand and events
- GLOBAL COMMUNICATION: Working with the global marketing teams to ensure consistent global messaging
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING: Maximizing opportunities with speakers, sponsors and publications
- CONTENT: Initiating clear strategies for creating and distributing associated content
- DATABASE: Advanced segmentation and data building strategies
- CRM: Loyalty campaigns and use of incentives and offers
- ANALYSIS: Creating profit analysis for all marketing plans taking into consideration ROI, Profit, and demographic performance.
- CREATIVE IDEAS: Identifying opportunities for new methodologies and more efficient future marketing
Skills / Characteristics
You will have evidence of:
- A consistent track record of personal over achievement and solution generation
- A passion for Online Mktg, including Social Media and SEO, you need to be a savvy Online professional
- Coherent direct marketing knowledge combined with detailed analytical ability
- Results orientated with clear commercial understanding and awareness
- Experience in an events or conference marketing role
- Innovation in your marketing campaigns and strategies
- Fast paced and the ability to work under pressure, organise and multi task
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills both in team and autonomous environments
You will also contribute to the team through:
- Your persistent approach to finding solutions and readily engaging with challenges
- A genuine interest and curiosity to learn more and progress within a forward thinking organisation
- A commitment to consistent self improvement and success
- Your capacity to take initiative and seek responsibility
- Entrepreneurial spirit
We will support new members of the team with dedicated training and development time to evolve their existing skill set to be successful within our environment and equip new members with key direct marketing skills.
We will expect the contribution made by the company to be matched by ongoing personal development on the part of the new team member
You will join the business in the role outlined. We, as a business, have a commitment to rapid progression based on achievement. Once you are achieving agreed goals we will immediately be working with you to develop your capabilities with a view to taking on the next set of challenges; e.g.
- Senior Marketing Manager role where your success leads to increased responsibility for premier events
- Deputy Marketing Director with a team of Marketing Managers and Marketing Executives
- Divisional Marketing Director involving strategic cross promotion for a portfolio of events
- A global Marketing role
Evidence has shown that the most capable individuals progress within the business within 12 – 24 months