Worldwide Business Research Ltd (WBR) is the world’s biggest large-scale conference company and part of the PLS group, one of the world’s leading providers of strategic business intelligence with 16 offices worldwide. With more than 15 years of demonstrated excellence and flawless execution, WBR now delivers over 100 quality networking and content focused conferences across the globe. Each year over 10,000 senior executives from Fortune 1000 companies attend a WBR conference – With offices in Toronto, New York, London, Singapore and Sao Paulo and from Automotive events in Bucharest to Logistics conferences in Arizona and Finance summits in Hong Kong, a WBR conference stands as a true “Who’s Who” of today’s international corporate world.
Our people are driven by excellence and entrepreneurialism – welcoming change, innovation, embracing accountability and are hungry for financial and career success. From the London office we currently run 30+ large scale events in the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia with attendance ranging from 300 to 1600.
Reporting to the Head of Event Management you will be solely responsible for the logistics of WBR’s medium-large sized events allocated to you.
- Responsible for managing the Connect Portfolio of events (1-2-1 business meeting events)
Setup and management of 1-2-1 partnering system for Connect events
- Responsible for managing medium – large events. (up to 5000 attendees)
- Main point of contact for all clients/speakers, providing an exceptionally high level of customer service (365-day customer service front of mind, targeted ‘intelligent’ customer service)
- Consistent management of event forecasts, actualises venue and supplier bills.
- Negotiates with suppliers
- Venue liaison
- Makes catering arrangements
- Coordinates implementation of mobile app
- Signage and programme design
- Sourcing branded items – signage, gifts, lanyards, sponsored items etc.
- Collection of speaker presentations
- Creation of bespoke sponsorship inventory
- AV contracting
- Exhibition floor plan: design, layout and allocation
- Exhibition contractor liaison (shell schemes, etc)
- Creation of exhibition guide
- Managing WBR team onsite. Actively motivates team pre-event & onsite.
- Venue searches for gala dinners, cocktail parties
- Pre-event correspondence with attendees, speakers and sponsors
- Booking staff travel and accommodation
- Actively motivates team pre-event & onsite.
- Help create initial forecasts when necessary
- Help mentor new starters/junior team members
- Actively suggesting improvements to current processes
- Proven experience /sole management of 500+ attendee conference
Experience managing 1-2-1 event format
- Financial Awareness
- Understanding of the conference business model
- Ability to multi-task under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Outstanding customer service skills
- A commitment to enhance profit through intelligent investment decisions
- Flexibility to react to business needs e.g. travel at short notice
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Track record of ideas and execution.
- Solutions hungry, ability to respond to problems and always offers solutions
- Works independently, thorough decision making process
- Carries themselves with professionalism with internal staff, external contacts and clients
You will join the business in the role outlined. We, as a business, have a commitment to rapid progression based on achievement. Once you are achieving agreed goals we will immediately be working with you to develop your capabilities with a view to taking on the next set of challenges.
We have ambitious growth plans in the UK and internationally and these can only be facilitated by outstanding people. Evidence has shown that the most capable individuals progress within the business within 12 – 24 months