Worldwide Business Research is currently seeking a full-time Public Relations Manager to work across its event portfolio with focus on ecommerce and finance. The candidate will work within a larger marketing department, focused on raising the brand profile through proactive media relations and community engagement.
Worldwide Business Research (WBR) is an international conference company producing annual large-scale executive level business conferences, focused on the changing needs of the industries we serve. Through extensive research and the selection of top level-speakers, WBR can ensure that the information provided matches the informational need of senior level business leaders.
- Executing media strategies aligned with each event’s brand positioning
- Responsible for all media relations content including press releases and media pitches
- Position event producers as industry analysts to broader media landscape
- Advise the team on media best practices and how to exchange with media
- Cultivate strong relationships with the media to place them as speakers and moderators at events
- Work closely with production and sponsorship departments to create a “media friendly” atmosphere to attract journalists to events
- Oversee execution of internal reporting for events and prepare strategic recommendations
- Work closely with WBR Digital team to promote reports
- Bachelor’s Degree within Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or English
- 5+ years of media relations experience – working with events companies or in-house preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proven track record of pitching and placements within broader business publications
- Must be well organized, hardworking and pay extremely close attention to detail