WBR UK has more than 150 employees and a group annual turnover of £50m. With offices in London, New York, Toronto and Singapore we are a truly international organisation.
We create, sell, market, and run industry-leading large-scale events in the eCommerce, Logistics, Procurement, and Finance sectors, amongst others. We are committed to generating industry leading content to keep our customers informed, and developing our online offering through our WBR Insights division.
This objective of this role is to significantly grow the revenue generated by WBR Insights by leveraging the industry relationships and content opportunities by our events. The main component of the role is to research, organise and execute a suite of webinars that are directly linked to the content of our events. Success in this role depends on working closely with the sales team to identify business opportunities, forging industry relationships and using interviewing and writing skills to deliver engaging content.
You will be responsible for:
- Organising and executing a suite of webinars (digital events) that are thematically linked to our portfolio of physical events
- Developing industry relationships, and recruiting speakers for these digital events
- Working with our sponsorship and event production teams to facilitate the production of our digital events
- Interviewing industry leaders to generate video and blog article content to support our digital events
- Taking a visionary approach to this new angle for the WBR Insights business, and helping us to take our digital content to the next level
Skills / Characteristics
You will need to have:
- Six months to a year in a commercial conference production environment or organising commercial webinars
- Degree in journalism, creative writing, marketing, communications etc.
- A great attitude with the ability to be self-motivated and handle multiple tasks in a fast-changing environment.
- Be adept at influencing internal and external stakeholders to ensure objectives are reached
- A fast learner with the ability to create remarkable content from a brief or using your own initiative
You will also contribute to the team through:
- Your persistent approach to finding solutions and readily engaging with challenges
- A genuine interest and curiosity to learn more and progress within a forward thinking organisation
- A commitment to consistent self improvement and success
- Your capacity to take initiative and seek responsibility
- Entrepreneurial spirit
We will support new members of the team with dedicated training and development time to evolve their existing skill set to be successful within our environment and equip new members with key direct marketing skills.
We will expect the contribution made by the company to be matched by ongoing personal development on the part of the new team member.
Potential avenues for future development include:
- Event Production, producing one of our market-leading events
- Digital Content Manager, producing other kinds of digital content and managing digital marketing campaigns
- Event Marketing, leading the marketing campaign for our market-leading events
- Sponsorship Management, If you become more interested in developing the commercial angle