WBR UK has almost 100 employees and a group annual turnover of £40m, with offices in London, New York, Toronto, Singapore and Brazil. We create, sell, market and run industry leading large scale events in the Defence, Logistics, Procurement, Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Finance and e-Commerce sectors and are committed to expanding these portfolios and developing new areas of expertise.
The Role of Digital Sales & Business Development Manager has recently been created due to the company’s continued growth. The Digital Sales & Business Development Manager will be responsible for securing sponsorship investment for our online content products. The individual will need to work closely with other internal departments within our dynamic and vibrant company to identify inventory, generate sales strategies for securing new business and sell into existing ones.
This is an exciting role for someone that is incredibly commercial minded as well as innovative. You should have at least 2 years Online/Digital Sales experience or sponsorship sales. Experience within the events/conferencing/publishing sector would be beneficial but not essential.
Compensation: £30-£40k basic (depending on experience) OTE £60k-£80k
You will be responsible for:
- In the mid-term to build a strong revenue stream for the digital product line with a long term goal of building and managing a digital solutions sales team
- Help create, shape and deliver the overall 2013 digital sales strategy
- Creating sales propositions, in order to establish both best practice and also spotting, driving and turning content into different revenue opportunities such as: Webinars, surveys, banner, advertising, white papers, virtual events and blogs
- Achieving and exceeding revenue targets
- To build a new revenue stream for the company
- RELATIONSHIP BUILDING/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT :
- Building new relationships and cultivating new business for this new WBR solution
- Attending a selection of WBR industry events for the purpose of cross selling WBR Digital services
- Working collaboratively with WBR Head of Sales, web and marketing teams to create new and innovative digital offerings
- Consistently being able to persuade the customer into a ‘positive’ buying commitment in addition to possessing the necessary ‘closing skills’
- Ability to get buy-in from executive-level decision makers
- Ability to write compelling sales copy as well as strong phone negotiation skills and running effective face-to-face meetings
- Ability to identify qualified, prospective clients and develop loyal customer relationships via phone and face-to-face within an assigned market
- Being able to run audits and report figures constructively
- Effective use of data analytics tools and CRM systems
- Being confident to use software to your advantage
Skills / Characteristics
You will have evidence of:
- A consistent track record of personal over achievement and solution generation
- A passion for online and digital content, including social media, you need to be a savvy online sales professional
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Internet research, prospecting, probing, lead generation and closing.
- Able to clearly uncover the customer’s individual needs while accurately testing specific solutions for a strong match.
- You are not intimidated by the challenge of contacting top, executive-level decision makers.
- You possess a high level of intrinsic motivation.
- Ability to function independently in a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience selling in a B2B environment
- Creative and flexible to contribute to product development
- Proven ability to identify new revenue streams and execute a sales strategy that meets goals and objectives
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and to work under pressure, organise and multi task
Please note only people with a proven background in B2B sales will be considered for the role.
The way forward:
Our expectation and vision is that we create an entirely new revenue stream to complement the overall growth of the business, and that we can develop and grow a dedicated digital sales team.
For Indeed applications:
Please forward applications to Nicholas.Dowdeswell@wbr.co.uk