We have a fantastic vacancy for a Senior Event Manager – a great opportunity to become part of a dynamic, industry leading events company. Reporting to the Head of Event Management you will be solely responsible for the logistics of WBR’s medium-large sized events allocated to you – approximately 7 per year.
We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious, commercially focused, and team-oriented professional to join our high-energy, creative team.
- Responsible for managing WBR’s medium – large events (500+ delegates)
- Main point of contact for all clients/speakers, providing an exceptionally high level of customer service
- Exhibition floor plan: design, layout and allocation
- Creation of bespoke sponsorship inventory
- Consistent management of event forecasts, actualises venue and supplier bills.
- Makes intelligent investment decisions – creative approach to onsite themes and networking functions.
- Venue searches for gala dinners, cocktail parties
- Creation of exhibition guide
- Supplier negotiation
- AV and stand contractor liaison and management
- Makes catering arrangements
- Coordinates implementation of mobile app and registration process
- Signage and programme design, sourcing of branded items – signage, gifts, lanyards, sponsored items etc.
- Booking staff travel and accommodation
- Full onsite management of event and WBR onsite team
- Exudes excellent time management & multitasking skills
- Actively suggesting improvements to current processes
- Management of 1-2 junior members of the team
- Proven experience /sole management of 500+ attendee conference
- Financial Awareness
- Management experience
- Understanding of the conference business model
- Ability to multi-task under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy and efficiency
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Flexibility to react to business needs e.g. travel at short notice
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Track record of ideas and execution
Do you want to work for a dynamic, entrepreneurial company that is growing at over 25% every year, with a high-energy, ethical corporate culture?
Worldwide Business Research is the world’s biggest large-scale conference company and part of the PLS group, a global leading provider of strategic business intelligence with 16 offices worldwide. WBR is the leading producer of annual large-scale, executive level business-to-business conferences. Our portfolio of events is focused in the areas of Procurement, Retail, Supply Chain, Defense, Life Sciences, Finance, Technology and Manufacturing. In return for your commitment and drive, we offer industry-leading salaries plus profit share on the events you work on. Advancement within the organisation is based on merit and not time on the job.