WBR is the world’s biggest large-scale conference company and part of the multi-million dollar PLS group, one of the world’s leading providers of strategic business intelligence with 17 offices worldwide. WBR is recognised globally for its delivery of market leading business events, attracting the most senior level delegates from each sector and securing sponsorship from world leading corporations. People are WBR’s most important asset. Our competitive advantage is based on our ability to hire the best people, develop them in the right way and offer them the most exciting opportunities and greatest financial rewards.
We are currently focused on strengthening and expanding our Marketing team in order to facilitate our planned growth for the coming years.
Reporting to the Head of Sponsorship Marketing you will join a young, diverse and enthusiastic team. Through a comprehensive training plan, you will learn to be responsible for coordinating and implementing the marketing activities, to enable the marketing department to meet KPI targets, as well as general administrative support to the marketing department.
You will be responsible for
- Managing the relationships with existing business partners (speakers, event sponsors, relevant media & industry bodies) to coordinate and implement marketing activities such as social media posts, blogging activity, adverts, emails, mailings, banners and event listings.
- Management of social media channels including Twitter and LinkedIn including design, copywriting and network building.
- Sourcing and creating content for promotion on our internal and partner websites and across social media.
- Regular updating of our internal websites and creation of landing pages.
- Designing and deploying email campaigns, for all of our conferences as well as organising the data and tracking results.
- Liaising with designers to ensure event materials are designed on time.
- Identifying opportunities for new methodologies and processes for increased efficiency.
- Bringing new ideas to test in order to generate results and general improvements.
Skills / Characteristics
You will have evidence of:
- Basic marketing knowledge and understanding of marketing principles
- IT proficiency through either a qualification or experience
- A clear desire to pursue a career in events marketing and to learn the basics of B2B direct and inbound marketing
- The ability to work under pressure, organise and multi task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills both in team and autonomous environments
You will also contribute to the team through:
- Your persistent approach to finding solutions and readily engaging with challenges
- A genuine interest and curiosity to learn more and progress within a forward thinking organisation
- A commitment to consistent self improvement and success
- Your capacity to take initiative and seek responsibility
- Your enthusiasm and motivation to achieve
- Your commercial and revenue focused motivation
We will support new members of the team with dedicated training and development time to evolve their existing skill set to be successful within our environment and equip new members with key direct marketing skills.
We will expect the contribution made by the company to be matched by ongoing personal development on the part of the new team member
Job Perks Career Prospects
You will join the business in the role outlined. We have a commitment to progression based on achievement. Once you achieve agreed goals we will work with you to develop your capabilities with a view to taking on the next set of challenges; e.g:
- Senior Sponsorship Marketing Executive - involving learning how to develop marketing campaigns/plans, overseeing and executing as well as coming up with the overall strategy in conjunction with the Head of Sponsorship Marketing
- Sponsorship Marketing Manager role with increased responsibility to manage the full marketing campaign
We have ambitious growth plans in the UK and internationally and these can only be facilitated by outstanding people. Evidence has shown that the most capable individuals progress within the business within 18 – 24 months.