Are you someone who can tell a story? Can you write engaging content on a variety of subjects? And can you project manage well and deliver results?
If so, then read on…
We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic person to help us drive our content strategy by producing high quality reports, blogs and interviews. Ideally, you’ll have experience in, or have been educated in journalism, be able to demonstrate the ability to create sophisticated content and have a strong command of the English language. Experience in an agency environment is a plus but not a requirement.
WBR has a group annual turnover of $40m. With offices in London, New York, Toronto and Singapore we are a truly international organisation. We create, sell, market and run industry leading large-scale events in the Finance, eCommerce, Logistics, Procurement, Security and Pharmaceutical sectors and are committed to expanding these portfolios and developing new areas of expertise.
The role of the Content Project Executive is to create content to support the promotion of our conferences and to create content that can be sold to clients. The Content Project Executive will work across our conference portfolios and digital products in conjunction with the event Producers and Marketing Managers. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your content creation skills and experience whilst gaining client management and commercial experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Producing industry-leading content based on existing research plus new surveys designed by you. Content examples include but are not limited to; sentiment driven benchmarking reports and bespoke whitepapers, long and short-form blog posts, event-speaker interviews, and podcasts.
- Being the project manager for most reports and whitepapers you will produce and use project management tools to collaborate internally and externally to meet project milestones.
- Briefing and managing suppliers such as survey providers, freelance writers and graphic designers as well as managing the budget allocated to them.
- Using conference research briefs, conference agendas and your own research to create survey questions and angles that will be of interest to the audience.
- Working with internal stakeholders to generate content ideas, questions and commentary whilst working with external freelance writers to create the content of the reports.
- Acquiring commentary from industry leaders and advisors including telephone interviews which require transcribing and editing for final approval.
- Working with external designers to create reports and infographics.
Skills / Characteristics:
- Journalism and / or content marketing agency background with a similar degree preferred – ideally 2-3 years permanent professional experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and client management skills
- High attention to detail – proofreading skills are essential.
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed/take ownership.
- Project management skills – ability to juggle multiple projects, keep track of a busy workload and who’s who.
- Experience with project management software is desired but not critical.
- Able to hit the ground running – quick learner, organised, process-driven.
- Results driven – wants the best for the clients and the overall success of the business.
- Comfortable dealing with data and dissecting it to drive compelling stories.
- Creative, ideas-driven – competent at creating survey questions and blog posts, plus copy editing and proofreading.
- Experience with briefing and managing designers and a keen eye for design.
- Working with internal stakeholders and planning for future projects.
You will also contribute to the team through:
- Your persistent approach to finding solutions and readily engaging with challenges
- A genuine interest and curiosity to learn more and progress within a forward-thinking organisation
- A commitment to consistent self-improvement and success
- Your capacity to take initiative and seek responsibility
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Salary and benefits:
Up to £27-32k depending on experience, plus £2-3k profit share, workplace pension and contributory healthcare scheme.