WBR has over 200 employees and a group annual turnover of £40m. With offices in London, New York and Singapore we are a truly International organisation. We create, sell, market and run industry leading large scale events in the Defence, Logistics, Pharmaceutical, Procurement, Retail and Finance sectors and are committed to expanding these portfolios and developing new areas of expertise.
We are currently focused on strengthening and expanding our Marketing team in order to facilitate our planned growth in our virtual product portfolio.
Reporting to the Deputy Marketing Directors you will join a young, diverse and enthusiastic team. Through a comprehensive training plan, you will learn to be responsible for coordinating and implementing the marketing activities, to enable the marketing department to meet KPI targets, as well as providing administrative support to the marketing department.
You will be responsible for
- Managing the relationships with existing partners (influencers, speakers, event sponsors, relevant media & industry bodies) to coordinate and implement marketing activities such as social media posts, blogging activity, adverts, emails, banners and event listings.
- Forming new business partnerships with relevant partners; both researching and identifying new potential partners, and contacting (by email and phone) to discuss possible partnerships.
- Management of social media channels focusing mainly on LinkedIn; including design, copywriting and network building.
- Sourcing and creating content for promotion on our internal and partner websites and across social media.
- Regular updating of our internal websites and creation of landing pages.
- Designing and deploying email campaigns, for all of our conferences as well as organising the data and tracking results.
- Identifying opportunities for new methodologies and processes for increased efficiency.
- Bringing new ideas to test in order to generate results and general improvements.
Skills / Characteristics
You will have evidence of:
- Basic marketing knowledge and understanding of marketing principles
- IT proficiency through either a qualification or experience
- A clear desire to pursue a career in events marketing and to learn the basics of B2B direct and inbound marketing
- The ability to work under pressure, organise and multi task
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills both in team and autonomous environments
You will also contribute to the team through:
- Your persistent approach to finding solutions and readily engaging with challenges
- A genuine interest and curiosity to learn more and progress within a forward thinking organisation
- A commitment to consistent self improvement and success
- Your capacity to take initiative and seek responsibility
- Your enthusiasm and motivation to achieve
- Your commercial and revenue focused motivation
We will support new members of the team with dedicated training and development time to evolve their existing skill set to be successful within our environment and equip new members with key direct marketing skills.
We will expect the contribution made by the company to be matched by ongoing personal development on the part of the new team member
Competitive salary, available upon application.
We have a commitment to progression based on achievement. Once you achieve agreed goals we will work with you to develop your capabilities with a view to taking on the next set of challenges; e.g:
- Marketing Executive – involving learning how to develop marketing campaigns/plans, overseeing and executing as well as coming up with the overall strategy in conjunction with the Deputy Marketing Director
- A Marketing Manager role with increased responsibility to manage the full marketing campaign
We have ambitious growth plans in the UK and internationally and these can only be facilitated by outstanding people. Evidence has shown that the most capable individuals progress within the business within 18 – 24 months.