WBR is the world’s biggest large-scale conference company and part of the multi-million dollar PLS group, one of the world’s leading providers of strategic business intelligence with 17 offices worldwide. WBR is recognised globally for its delivery of market leading business events, attracting the most senior level delegates from each sector and securing sponsorship from world leading corporations. People are WBR’s most important asset. Our competitive advantage is based on our ability to hire the best people, develop them in the right way and offer them the most exciting opportunities and greatest financial rewards.
About WBR Connect
Launched 4 years ago WBR Connect is a platform where c suite business executives meet vendors through a series of 1-1 pre qualified business meetings. We serve communities across 5 industry sectors eTail (retail), B2B, Digital, Finance, Field Service and Procurement where we have established market leading large scale conferences.
WBR’s Connect consistently out-perform their industry sector competitors on the quality of the events we produce and the relationships we nurture with both delegates and sponsors.
You will be responsible for:
- To exceed agreed revenue targets for each campaign
- Research, identify and close new business
- Maximise revenue from new and current/previous sponsors
- To build and maintain strong relationships with senior level decision makers (with a focus on maximising future revenue)
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain a healthy pipeline of qualified leads/business
- Build credible relationships with WBR producers and related departments.
- Establish, and maintain a level of market/client knowledge that can be utilised to assist in the planning and support of present and future event development and sponsorship opportunities
- Practice effective time management; being able to identify, communicate, plan and prioritise objectives
- Accurate reporting, forecasting and campaign management
- On occasions work outside of contracted hours, this may include international travel.
Skills / Characteristics
You will need to display:
1.) Experienced sales person (min 2+ years selling at senior level). Conference Experience and or a 1-1 business model is essential.
- Main proficiency should be in events sponsorship sales
- Demonstrated experience handling complex briefs and ability to respond with a considered and articulate proposal
- Be a first class conceptual sales professional with the ability to workwith C level decision makers from leading enterprise companies globally
- Should display resilience and adaptability whilst working under pressure
2.) Independent worker
- Capable of making good business decisions based upon sound analysis, experience and judgement
- Good problem solving skills – demonstrates mental agility and is solutions focused
- Self-motivated and driven by success
3.) Reliability and Commitment
- Can be relied upon to follow through on commitments made and client servicing
- Takes pride and personal responsibility in maintaining reputation of the product and the team
- Prepared to work beyond contracted hours from time to time
4.) Project Management and Organizational Skills
- Ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritise effectively and draw on resources available to complete tasks at hand.
- Able to anticipate obstacles and find effective solutions
5.) Influencing Internally and Externally
- Skilled at influencing decision makers and networking at a senior level
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly, logically and persuasively
- Strong rapport building skills with clients and colleagues
6.) Questioning and Analytical Skills
- Able to pose intelligent questions that builds understanding of a particular topic and helps identify opportunities
- Enthusiasm for learning and ability to quickly grasp new ideas
- Ability to quickly recognise the issues and respond appropriately
7.) Learning and Development
- Should be a quick learner and demonstrate an ability to learn from others
- Able to take an honest and reflective approach to self-assessment, identifying strengths, weaknesses and an ability to adapt and improve accordingly
- Demonstrate an appetite for progression
Our Promises to staff
We will support new members of the team with dedicated training and development time to evolve their existing skill set to be successful within our environment. We have a focus on developing industry leading training practices, adopting tools and processes from leading sales organisations. We will expect the contribution made by the company to be matched by on-going personal development on the part of every new team member.
- Clearly defined career path with KPI’s
- Exceptional remuneration package
- Industry-leading training
- High pace, high value task driven environment
- A buzzing, fun and professional sales culture
- A sociable environment
- An autonomous and varied role
Our team is committed to being the “best in class” sponsorship sales team. We are motivated, ambitious and commercially aware. We focus on our proven processes to deliver our customers solutions that deliver real value. This means we attract, maintain and grow their business. The team are high-energy, fun loving and serious in their commitment to self improvement. Our commitment to deliver above and beyond the expectations of our customers is like no other place that I have worked. So if you are grade A talent and ready to reach the next level in your sales career please get in touch for the role at WBR London.