|Worldwide Business Research is the world’s biggest large-scale conference company and part of the PLS group, one of the world’s leading providers of strategic business intelligence with 16 offices worldwide. Our conference divisions consistently out-perform their industry sector competitors on the quality of the events we produce and the relationships we nurture with both delegates and sponsors. Every year over 10,000 senior executives from Fortune 1000 companies attend over 100 annual conferences.
We run over 100 industry leading, annual conferences worldwide, along with a full complement of content marketing services and intimate networking events – all aimed at educating, supporting and connecting the leadership of the world’s core industries.
Our team is committed to being the “best in class” sponsorship sales team. We are motivated, ambitious and commercially aware. We focus on our proven processes to deliver our customers solutions that deliver real value. This means we attract, maintain and grow their business. The team are high-energy, fun loving and serious in their commitment to self-improvement. Our commitment to deliver above and beyond the expectations of our customers is like no other place that I have worked.
- To exceed agreed revenue targets for each campaign
- Research, identify and close new business.
- Maximise revenue from new and current/previous sponsors.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with senior level decision makers (with a focus on maximising future revenue)
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain a healthy pipeline of qualified leads/business.
- Build credible relationships with WBR producers and related departments.
- Establish, and maintain a level of market/client knowledge that can be utilised to assist in the planning and support of present and future event development and sponsorship opportunities.
- Practice effective time management; being able to identify, communicate, plan and prioritise objectives.
- Accurate reporting, forecasting and campaign management.
|1.) Experienced salesperson (min 3+ years selling at senior level). Conference Experience highly desirable
- Main proficiency should be in events sponsorship sales.
- Demonstrated experience handling complex briefs and ability to respond with a considered and articulate proposal.
- Be a first-class conceptual sales professional with the ability to work with C level decision makers from leading enterprise companies globally.
- Should display resilience and adaptability whilst working under pressure.
2.) Independent worker
- Capable of making good business decisions based upon sound analysis, experience and judgement.
- Good problem-solving skills – demonstrates mental agility and is solutions focused
- Self-motivated and driven by success.
3.)Reliability and Commitment
- Can be relied upon to follow through on commitments made and client servicing.
- Takes pride and personal responsibility in maintaining reputation of the product and the team.
4.) Project Management and Organizational Skills
- Ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritise effectively and draw on resources available to complete tasks at hand.
- Able to anticipate obstacles and find effective solutions.
5.) Influencing Internally and Externally
- Skilled at influencing decision makers and networking at a senior level
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly, logically and persuasively.
- Strong rapport building skills with clients and colleagues.
6.) Questioning and Analytical Skills
- Able to pose intelligent questions that builds understanding of a particular topic and helps identify opportunities.
- Enthusiasm for learning and ability to quickly grasp new ideas.
- Ability to quickly recognise the issues and respond appropriately.
7.) Learning and Development
- Should be a quick learner and demonstrate an ability to learn from others.
- Able to take an honest and reflective approach to self-assessment, identifying strengths, weaknesses and an ability to adapt and improve accordingly.
- Demonstrate an appetite for progression.