Company: Worldwide Business Research (WBR)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Location: Flexible between home & our 5th Avenue New York office
Type: Full-time, permanent (Monday- Friday 09.00-5:30)
About the Company
WBR is the world’s biggest large-scale conference company and part of the PLS group, one of the world’s leading providers of strategic business intelligence with 16 offices worldwide. Our conference divisions consistently out-perform their industry sector competitors on the quality of the events we produce and the relationships we nurture with both delegates and sponsors.
Every year over 10,000 senior executives from Fortune 1000 companies attend over 100 annual conferences – a true “Who’s Who” of today’s corporate world. From Automotive events in Bucharest to Logistics conferences in Arizona and Finance summits in Hong Kong, WBR is dedicated to exceeding the needs of its customers around the world.
At WBR, our sponsorship sales team is the engine that drives over 120 industry-leading business conferences every year. From large scale, leading industry events like eTail, B2B Online and Field Service, to our recent launches in new areas, the need for a qualified senior sales executive has never been greater.
–This isn’t your stereotypical sales job either. You will be challenged to explore the latest news across multiple industries and work collaboratively with your team to put the nation’s top solution providers & technology companies in front of senior level experts.
–This ideal candidate will have previous experience as well as a deep understanding of the event sales process, sponsorship inventory, lead generation, relationship management, upselling and cross-selling techniques, and more.
–We are seeking a reliable and fast learner with proven selling skills and someone with a track record of success selling sponsorship for corporate conferences. The role demands a go-getter mentality with a sharp focus on execution.
Objectives of the Role
- Represent our company, with a comprehensive understanding of our offerings Research our sponsors’ needs and identify how our solutions meet them
- Generate leads while building and nurturing client relationships
- Present the effectiveness of sponsorship investment to SVPs or higher
- Customize sponsorship features and functions for your clients
- Up-sell, cross-sell, and re-book sponsors onsite or on the phone
- Track sales progress in CRM and present projected future performance
- Travel to assigned events and effectively manage clients onsite
- Proven Inside Sales Experience
- Solid Prospecting, New Business and Relationship Building Skills
- Thrives in a Goal Oriented Environment
- History of speaking with senior executives with confidence and poise
- Comfortable selling a conceptual or experiential product
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to travel at least 10% of the time to domestic events
- 3 to 5 years experience selling sponsorship for corporate events
WBR is deeply committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all individuals. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
WBR has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy for all employees (excluding remote workers), subject to all legally required exemptions under law. All candidates must have received, be willing to receive, or demonstrate a legally sufficient basis for exemption from, the Covid-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered.